Thursday, October 8, 2009

Teach Me How To Learn To Fly

Gently let go of my hand
Show me how to understand
Give me room to learn to fly
Underneath your watchful eye
See me fly, limp, run and crawl
Let me scale forbidden wall
Do not scowl and do not curse
Unreasoned rules, there's nothing worse
Let me leap and let me fall
Let me hear quiet wisdom call
Words clear and thoughtful, never terse
Only craved advice disperse
Show me blue, then teach me sky
Help me think, and wonder why
Take me past the common grounds
Show me there are no bounds
Keep me seeking with your questions
Feed my mind in it's digestions
Strengthen me with it's fire
Rarely let my wings retire
Show me how to reach my goal
Teach me how to lift my soul
Let me choose my desire
Let my mind learn not to tire
Teach me want to search high
Show me want to learn to fly.

Early 90's

No comments:

Post a Comment