Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Account of Rebirthing

A few years ago I was at a real low point in my life, which I won't bore you with the details. A woman I will always be grateful to, who I lost contact with, took me to a free seminar on rebirthing. At the seminar they talked about rebirthing, most of which I can't remember, but although I was taken by the idea, I had neither the time nor finances to do it. We did some of the breathing, and afterwards we were asked if anyone felt a tingling sensation. I definitely did. However, I had to leave a very unhappy situation, it was beyond my means, and that was that. Or so I thought.
At this point I will explain what rebirthing is. It is a form of breathwork (in fact it is known as breathwork as well), in which prana (breath) is used to release painful memories stored on a cellular level that are holding us back in repeated patterns and depressing fear and angst. Often the most painful part of someones life is being born, so often that is the pain that is stored in the cellular level. Hence the name rebirthing. However other painful experiences can be released. Once you release the pain, you are liberated emotionally to experience new divine feelings. Your right as a Cosmic Being.
Rebirthing was discovered/invented by Leonard Orr in the spiritual seekings of the 1970's. He was seeking a way to live forever.
Anyway, back to my story. I went and stayed with a relative when I spontaneously started to rebirth. I knew what was happening as I had attended the seminar. However, I didn't know about spontaneous rebirthing (a spono as it is called by those in the know). It's good I knew about it from the seminar because if I hadn't I would have thought I was dying! I think the seminar simply showed my soul what I needed to do.
Well I rebirthed hard for about 3 months. I could have slowed down (I had been shown the technique for slowing the process), but I didn't want to. I am a bit gung-ho like that. Most people do it in 2 hour sessions once a week, which is recommended by professionals, and with a professional to talk them through it and offer reassurance and monitor the progress. I recommended to do it that way.
At first I stayed in bed warm and safe (recommended by professionals), but life goes on, so I was rebirthing at the supermarket, at administrators, waiting in cues, catching trains and planes, even smoking (definitely not recommended by experts).
It started with a pleasant tingling, but when it got really deep, in was painful. My bones ached terribly, I prayed it was so agonising, I couldn't move because I hurt so much. I think I may have been releasing foetal addiction to Valium or life threatening malaria or some other close shave of my infancy or early childhood.
And then the good bit started. I saw all this darkness lift off me as a great cloud and I went into this beautiful golden light which made everyone and everything look angelic and complete. I was still rebirthing and after a while I went deep into the Light. It was there that I experienced Christ consciousness and Buddha consciousness and had some wonderful transcendental Cosmic experiences (I was already aware of extra dimensional stuff). It was worth it definitely!
However, because I had unknowingly been in the dark spiritually for a long time, going into the light was a shock in that it showed me where I had been. That took some integrating emotionally. A professional would have been most useful at that point because I thought I was quite evolved and found where I had been spiritually quite distressing. There is nothing wrong with being in the dark (in fact it can be quite restful), but I wasn't in a pleasant place in the dark.
I now get light when I'm in a good place emotionally and mentally, and my favourite light is the soft Golden Light (angelic). Deep light can make you feel a bit like a stunned mullet and be distracting from the good task, thinking or feeling that brought it to you. I have also been told that too much of it can be damaging, but I'm not sure.
If you don't understand the concept of spiritual Light and Darkness (both having their strengths and weaknesses), research Buddha's EnLightenment, or Christ's Light for starters. It's what they mean when a light bulb shines above the head of a character in a cartoon. Another effect that rebirthing had is that my hands and feet were always icy cold before rebirthing, and now they are quite reasonably warm. I also get fire (heat) in the spirit when I am uncomfortable, which I didn't get at all before, which started years after I rebirthed and isn't related to rebirthing. However, it relates to Light and Dark. I'm still getting used to the heat, it isn't my element. Light, Dark, Fire. It is all elementary building blocks in the spiritual journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment