Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Eagleman

The Eagleman said
I could too
So I took the plunge
Into the icy void
The freezing silence
Of falling
To the jagged rocks below
Snapped
As I was lifted
By the mighty pull
Of the wind-blown wings
On my back
The Eagleman said
I could too
And laughed a little
At my pale face
As we flew on in time
It really hurt
Hair and feathers
Ruffled and tangled
Skin a slow scream of ice
Hot blood pumps
Through my joints
Through my head
Sweat singes my eyes
Trickling, tickling
Down my spine
Like my mind's eye
Is crying
And when I thought
"I can't take it anymore"
We reached our destination
Perched on the cliff
Sharing the meat
The Eagleman and I
Laughed into the Moon.

1987

Dedicated to Tjaarke Maas
Rest in Peace 1974 - 2005
You showed my the eagles, to see that freedom is real beauty, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment